I don't know about you, but shit I'm 22 | Lifestyle


I've toyed with so many ideas for this post when realising my birthday was coming up I thought oh I'll do 22 life lessons only to realise I'd already written that last year. 
So with that idea stumped I thought what else could I write about? And it got me thinking. 
Though 21 is 'supposedly' a big change in my life 22 is huge too. Even if not much of a fuss is made about it and you can't buy special banners for it. This is the year I go to university for my final year, the point where I realise I'm actually growing up making grown up decisions. Where will I go, what am I going to do? It's scary to even thing that this time next year I will be out of uni and in the big wide world ...  
                                                forget that I don't even want to think about it. 
 But it's also got me reflecting too. 
I did intend to do this post in a list for because hey who doesn't love lists? But when thinking about the future honestly I found it so hard to even thing about 22 things in comparison. 
Instead I just wanted to write about where I am in my life right now, the things I'm grateful for and the things I'm thinking about ahead of the future.

 Scary times eh?

This year out has taught me so much about where I want to go in life and the things I'm really passionate about one thing that's came to the forefront over this year is how much I love blogging and how much I have improved from last year. My year out is about my career and getting experience in the fashion world which of course is what I gained from it but taking a little time for yourself really makes you realise whats important to you. 
During this year my tutors at uni gave me feedback about this blog and it just made me strive even more to work at something I love. 
My content I feel like I just keep pushing and I like to be at a point where I can say man my blog looks good. 
Much on that fact since starting my blog way back all those years ago (I have actually genuinely lost count now.) The Blogosphere has been a massive part of my life. The support and friends I have met through it, is something that makes you so grateful for the Internet. Sometimes you just need that little nudge in the right direction from the people who support and understand what you do. 
The girls I know in that community mean a lot to me, I think they will know who they are. 

 Over the past few months too one thing I've really been enjoying is doing regular shoots with my best friend not sure if he knows how much I really appreciate him doing so. Tomas has always been that of a best friend to me, I'm extremely grateful I can talk to him about everything, ask him for advice and have a laugh together about anything and everything and man have we done a lot of that. 
Meeting him at uni is one of the best things to come out of it, honestly. 

 Right now I'm still doing my internship just over the summer at least and it has taught me SO much. 
Its crazy to think about the things I'm going to go back to uni knowing and the contacts I've made. I wrote a post about it back here . It has been a huge moment of my life where I didn't know what was going to happen. And thankfully Bottle Blonde took me under their wing and I couldn't be anymore grateful for it. The experiences I've been given and are still undertaking I couldn't have asked for anything more. 

  Over this past year and the whole length of the time I've been at uni Jay has been there the whole way, looking after me, supporting me and being a huge part of my life. It's safe to say sometimes I don't think I could have done everything I've done without him. (good luck with your stress levels whilst I'm in 3rd year babe) 
 We're going to Reading again this year I went last year for the first time (I always said this was the first festival I'd go to, it wasn't) but I feel its the festival that knows me most. I seen some of my favourite bands ever all in one weekend couldn't have been happier. This year its going to be much of the same, gah I cant wait. 

Whilst reflecting I have to of course mention my mum who is too a huge part of my life, she raised me to be the 22 year old I am today, which I like to think is something she is proud of which I'm sure she will 100% say yes to but something, I myself don't want to blow my trumpet to loudly about. 
I mentioned last year in my birthday post that sometimes you just need your mum and honestly its true, there is times where I've just missed having that cup of tea and chat with my mum when I've been away. I still ask am I okay to take this? How do I cancel my direct debit? How long should this go in the microwave for? Can you make me an appointment at the doctors?... 
Truth is my mum goes with me through thick and thin, she has always been there regardless. (should I grab you a tissue if you're reading this mum?)
My sister, my niece and Nan are too people I have a HUGE amount of love for each have been there for moments in my life, that mean a lot to me. 


     For the future or and coming year like I mentioned this is my final year at uni and boy oh boy will it go fast! The excitement, anticipation and apprehensive of it is circling my mind right now and it's coming thick and fast.
 I started uni 3 years ago now doing a foundation and finishing up feels like the biggest chapter in my life. The friends I've made, the people I've met, the things I've learnt. All are going to shape me ahead of my 'adult' future. 
I can't wait to graduate with a fashion degree under my belt and finish with some of my closet friends that have all made my experience at uni. Right now I'm not too sure where that degree will take me, I'm still looking at going into videography or photography. God its still giving me shivers knowing that I'll read this back when I'm actually in a job or thinking about doing so next year. 


Right now though I know that after all that stress and all that work I'm going to need a holiday; I'm already thinking about where I want to go. 


But i guess for right now I am happy with all I have and am so grateful for every opportunity that comes my way, everything I have materialistically and those I have in my life including my lil fur babies (cats for those wondering) 
Maybe I should start paying more attention now to those letters from my bank, paying attention to my bank balance, thinking seriously about what I want to do with my life, maybe I should have more unexpected nights, go on more adventures, grab every moment that comes my way, start pretending to know what I'm doing, do my own washing and perhaps eat more fruit. 

But for now fuck it, I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22 

(also I totally tried doing 'its my birthday' faces on these photos but my sassy side just had to come out sorry not sorry) 
Dress: Vintage, Belt: Thrifted, Sunglasses: Hotel Shower Gel 

SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

What's your opinion?

  1. Happy birthday beautiful lady, I hope this year brings you amazing things! xx

    blog.doodleheart.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

@paige rhianne_