Let's go down to the tennis court and talk it up like yeah | 7 things I'm unapologetically bad at


This post was a little impromptu, I intended it to be more an outfit post than anything else, but I felt like writing so well here it is.
The start of this week has been bad. Not awful but not ideal either. I was greeted with a 'sorry we will not be offering you a job' to end my Monday. Granted this was just a part time job for the summer but regardless the last thing you really want to hear is your not wanted for a job that could have been pretty good fun.
As soon as the interview was over I knew I hadn't got it I didn't need a confirmation to tell me I hadn't I knew there and then just by being my annoyingly-under-pressure-shy-self I'd messed things up for myself.
It hit hard I'll admit the weekend I spent remembering all the stupid things I said during my interview then after the official 'you haven't got it' I cried in my room, got it all out and sucked it up. That probably sounds a tad dramatic, look sometimes we just need a good cry and sometimes something comes along that prompts that.

Hell I'm over it now.


 It made me realise that we can't all be good at things, we can't all expect to get what we want.
When I first began the interview process I had a real good feeling about it, I thought hey I could have a shot here. 
But ultimately I found that sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and say hey I sucked at (insert said thing) because let's face it we all have our downfalls. I think many people can be in agreement interviews are awful places. But there are many who probably will say they are good at them. We all hold strengths in different places.

Hell yeah, we all have things that hold us back or let us down, there is always something that we are bad at, something we can't do. I think its important to acknowledge those. 
Social Media is a place full of positive, I've done this, I've done that. You never see anyone sharing their cooking/ Pinterest style fails on insta, recording a video of their own awful singing (except when drunk of course) or their mid action funny bent arms/legs pose ( I don't actually know where to begin picturing that one actually..)

If you do then you GO guurll! Maybe its time we celebrate our downfalls, our little quirks, things we are awful at.. hey its even quite funny to take the mick out of ourselves for it. 
So in a mini and lighthearted totally not planned post I've decided to put together 8 Things I'm unapologetically bad at.


I AM LATE 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 

I occasionally go through phases where I actually pinch myself I've made the early bus in the morning and for a few days  two days at least it goes to plan I get up, get ready and out the door I go. Other times all the time I find myself running to catch the bus, rushing like a crazy person and turning up like a hot mess, which by the way in this situation isn't a good look. 

DOING SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO DO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT WILL MAKE ME LATE OR NOT 

Oh damn I was actually going to paint my nails before I left... picks up the nail polish. (Voice in head) Paige: you do know you haven't got time to do this?? 
Oh don't be silly of course I have. 10 mins later

                                                                                                SHIT

The same goes for anything else hands down I have made myself late choosing the right sunglasses before, how extra. 

BUYING THINGS I REALLY WANT, NOT NEED.

Plenty of times I have been walking through town about to go home or just sitting round Jays house and had a real craving for something, do I ignore that craving? Of course I don't I simply buy it and eat it within a second of thinking. Just because its clothes that doesn't change either, I see a pair of shoes I really want on Instagram do I hesitate to buy them again, no.
Jay often jokes its not what Paige wants Paige gets but ultimately it is (insert sassy girl emoji) 

SOMETIMES I STAY UP LATE KNOWING EXACTLY HOW TIRED I WILL FEEL IN THE MORNING

Just another episode of Ru Pauls drag race? At 5 to 1 in the morning? When I have to be up in 5 hours time. Ah go on then.

I AM THE Q U E E N  OF PROCASTINATION 

Too in the relation of the last one, I often have free days where I have ALL day to do something but instead decide to leave it right until last minute. Like blog posts, never will I ever be that blogger to schedule posts. That's just not me and will never be. I even go as far as to set myself deadlines to work to and stress myself out even more.

I AM AWFUL AT REPLYING 

I have an awful habit of opening messages, reading them and not replying. 1) it makes me look so ignorant and 2) also very lazy or 3) avoiding replying to the message for not wanting to do the thing they are asking of me / not wanting to reply. For any friends reading this not all 3 if any apply to every situation. Otherwise i'll start digging my hole now.
Most of the time its just pure laziness I mean who has time to reply to a message? 

USELESS AT RETAINING INFORMATION 

Ask me if I know all the words to song or all the parts to a rap to a Macklemore song (no shame) I could do it right now. I can listen to a song and after the second listening know most of the words, its almost a curse.
But ask me if i remember important information, like say for a driving test or when doing my exams at school, I struggle to remember a thing.


Lastly I'll touch a little on my outfit before the end of this post.
I said a million times that I wouldn't give into the gingham trend yet look, here I am wearing one of 'those' gingham skirts. And totally loving it, I paid maybe £8 for this skirt?
The T-shirt is also from a brand called Bad Sports which I instantly fell in love with, this one is actually a men's one which I love because men just seem to have better t-shirts I find than women's ones.
The material is a really thick good quality too! I of course loved it for the fact it does say 'Bad Sport' because hey I'm not so great at that either. Expect Tennis, hence the tennis court. Tennis I'm not too bad at. 




Until next time take care babessss

Shoes and Earrings: Primark, Skirt: New Look, T-shirt: Bad Sports, Sunglasses: vintage (painted)
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

What's your opinion?

  1. I love this outfit and the whole idea behind this post! I also always buy stuff which I want, not need, haha x

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

@paige rhianne_